We travelled very quickly through Northern Chile. this didn't stop us drinking our fair share of good cheap wine. The waves here are fairly gnarly.
We travelled here between 01/12/11 - 13/12/11
Arica - Busy city
- World class gnarly waves, check out El Gringo
- Surf House Hostal - Large common room and spacious kitchen
Iquique - Coastal city
- Hostal La Casona 1920 - Run by young friendly people, 5minute walk to the beach
- More gnarly waves
Santiago - Relaxed and efficient city
- Green House Hostal - Clean and well run family hostel.
- Enjoy the luxuries of a new and modern looking city
- Travel not far from the city to enjoy great rock climbing and spekky views
- Climb to 2800m in the Andes and enjoy the view from a bus window between Santiago to Mendoza
Pichilemu - Laid back surf town
- Hostal Bahia - Cheap self contained cabins as well as dorm rooms
- Enjoy surfing the wave Punta de Lobos